7.25.2005

Last Day

Today's my last day in Africa. I'm in Zanzibar waiting to make a connection through Nairobi, back to Boston via London. I might take a layover in Europe for a few days but am still on the wait list for a later London-Boston flight.

It's been a great time. Teaching was both challenging and rewarding. I've really enjoyed living in another country for a longer period of time, rather than just visiting. I'd like to thank a few people who made it a pleasurable experience: Manish Gaudi, the AITI president, Mr. Khaemba and Mr. Mwanga from Alliance High School, Bett Benjamin and Catherine Ngugi from AVU, Farnaz Haghseta from OCW, Tobias from Strathmore, Eric Mibauri from AITI and Eric's family in Meru, Jack Costanza and Frank Tilley from CSAIL for donating computers, Matt Papi for helping configure Linux on the donated machines, the Stanford MBAs who sent us sample business plans for our entrepreneurship component, Timbuk2 for donating bags to our team, and everyone else I forgot to mention.

Also a big thank you to all the donors to MIT-AITI who made this possible and to the AITI officers.

Congratulations and thanks to all of our students at both Strathmore and Alliance.

Finally, thanks to the AITI-Kenya team: Bilha Nyambura Ndirangu, Curtis van der Puije, Robert Leke, Zahir Dossa, and Marta Luczynska.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a fantastic time in Kenya

Thank you for helping out inthe MIT OCW at kikuyu. It was really nice to have you take on the lecturer's

I think that the OpenCourseWare initiative is a clarion call which the African Virtual University (www.avu.org)will be keen to support.

All the best in your endeavours buddy and I look foward to another meeting... may be this time round over a cup (not a mug) of beer... cheers

11:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, this is crazy! I was trying to find Klepto cd's online and i came across your blog. This is Becki and I met you at Carnivore the night of the cd release party. Thought i would say hello. I am not sure if you will remember me at all. . . .but it was just so So crazy!!!
Becki
asante_nyumbani@yahoo.com

3:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home