6.15.2005

T-Shirt Stand

Curtis and I rode a matatu back home from Strathmore on Tuesday. On the way back, I stopped by a street vendor to buy a cheap t-shirt (for about US$1.30). I was carrying a backpack, my laptop, and a LCD projector for our lectures. While I was looking for my size, someone walking on the sidewalk bumped into my bag. I was carrying so much stuff, it threw me off balance and I grabbed the vendor's table to catch my balance.

Unfortunately, his table was made out of cardboard. I ended up collapsing his entire stand and landing on top of his inventory. After helping him pick up his stand, three guys appeared out of nowhere, grabbed the shirts, folded up the stand, and took off in different directions. I was still holding one of the shirts, but managed to throw it back to one of the guys as he was running away.

Either the white guy crashing into their stand really spooked the vendors or a cop may have simultaneously walked around the corner. The matatu drivers do the same thing and turn down their music when driving by cops.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home